Dr. Parker Discusses Policies for Returning Americans to Work on MSNBC
On May 4, EWI President and CEO Dr. William J. Parker joined MSNBC's Ari Melber to break down the policy steps needed to help the American population return to work safely.
Dr. Parker proposed the following nine steps:
- Collect data
- Return America to work
- Establish work groups of people who test negative
- Establish work groups of people who have tested positive and are asymptomatic
- Those who should NOT return to work
- Rely on corporate America.
- Use color-coded personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Require PPE for all on mass transit
"If you send people back to work in an effort to help the economy, you must do it with a strategy in place: this means that when you go back to work, you have the right equiptment, you have been trained properly on how to wear that equiptment and you have the right focus—I think that helps significantly," says Parker.
Click here to listen to the interview.