Internal Security News
- (RIA Novosti) Ukrainian forces and separatist militants exchanged fire in Ukraine's eastern region of Donetsk on the evening of June 25.
- (Interfax Ukraine) No emergencies or armed clashes were reported in Donetsk on the evening of June 25.
- The Ukrainian Interior Ministry said that there are reports that some militants ready to lay down their arms in the east of the country have been shot on the orders of the leadership of the illegal armed formations.
- (RIA Novosti) Ukrainian President Poroshenko said that representatives of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics have shown an interest in peace talks.
- (RIA Novosti) Poroshenko called upon the clergy to participate in the implementation of the peace plan in the southeast of the country.
- The UN Security Council once again supported Kyiv's assessment of the events in Ukraine, spokesman of Ukrainian Foreign Ministry Yevhen Perebyinis said.
- (ITAR-TASS) A spokeswoman said that Russian upper house lawmakers are seeking a positive Ukrainian response to Russia’s rejecting use of its army in the neighboring state. “We look forward to adequate steps from Ukraine which could settle the situation.”
- (RIA Novosti) Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel held a phone conversation seeking to ensure the warring parties in Ukraine uphold the ceasefire.
- (RIA Novosti) Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said that the talks with Russia are aimed at achieving peace in Ukraine, but bilateral relations cannot be normalized unless Crimea is returned.
- (ITAR-TASS) Russian border guards denied shooting dead Ukrainian militias who wanted to cross into Russia on the Ukrainian-Russian borders.
- (RIA Novosti) Russian Deputy Speaker Sergei Zheleznyak said that extending the ceasefire and continuing negotiations is the only way to resolve the protracted crisis in Ukraine.
- Consultations of the contact group of Ukraine, Russia and the OSCE will continue on Friday, June 27, however the site for holding them is unknown as of now, former Ukrainian President and member of the group Leonid Kuchma told reporters.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry called on Russia to show "within hours" it is working to disarm separatist militants in eastern Ukraine. He was speaking to reporters in Paris a day before a shaky ceasefire was due to end in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- (RIA Novosti) The Russian Investigative Committee intended to request that a Russian court arrest the head of the Ukrainian Interior Ministry, Arsen Avakov.
- (ITAR-TASS) Ukrainian President Poroshenko stated that Ukraine will start implementing the provisions of the Association Agreement with the European Union immediately after its signing scheduled for June 27.
- (ITAR-TASS) A US State Department spokeswoman said that the US administration welcomes the decision by the upper house of Russia’s parliament to cancel its resolution of March 1 on the possibility of using Russia’s armed forces in Ukraine.
- (ITAR-TASS) Ukraine invited European observers to its gas measuring stations on the borders with Russia and Europe to monitor the transit of gas to the European Union.
- (RIA Novosti) Ukraine removed restrictions for Russian citizens crossing the Pletenevka international checkpoint on the Russian-Ukrainian border
International Observation Missions
- (ITAR-TASS) Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister stated that Russia believes the OSCE mission to Ukraine should be raised to 500 observers.
- (Interfax Ukraine) Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said he hopes early elections to the Verkhovna Rada will be held in October.
- (Interfax Ukraine) Poroshenko proposed changing the political division of the country, which should include regions, districts and "hromadas" (communities).
- (Interfax Ukraine) Poroshenko proposed to appoint presidential representatives to constituent territories for the coordination of the activity of territorial branches of the central executive authorities.