The Policy Innovation Blog offers concise analysis and commentary by key leaders, policy makers and scholars of the EastWest Institute’s global network to help shape policy choices. True to the EastWest Institute’s proven process—convene, reframe, mobilize—the analysis we provide aims to reframe important bilateral, regional, and global debates and catalyze solutions to create a safer and better world.
Write for Us
The EastWest Institute’s Policy Innovation Program welcomes unsolicited articles and blog posts. If you are interested in writing for us please contact the Policy Innovation Blog’s Senior Editor Franz-Stefan Gady. Follow him on Twitter.
Because of the large volume of submissions we receive, we will contact you only if we feel able to accept your piece. If you do not hear from us within three business days, please feel free to submit your article to other publications.
Please submit your article or pitch just once.
- Be 600-1000 words in lengths
- Relate to EWI programs and geographies
- Educate—e.g. debunk myths and misconceptions generated by mainstream media and provide missing context
- Add to the conversation in a constructive manner
- Offer a fresh perspectives and creative thinking that provide concrete solutions to seemingly intractable problems
- Present international/multinational viewpoints rather than internal country-specific
- Be well-thought out, researched, factually-supported
- Articulate in layperson's terms
- Present both sides to an argument.
Preference will be given to original analysis, but we will also consider commentary.
Please utilize embedded hyperlinks to point to sources.
Please also include a short two- to three-sentence biography at the end of your work.
Due to possible copyright and legal restrictions all articles submitted must be exclusive to the EastWest Institute.